Do you want to grow larkspur seeds in Kansas, but don’t know when to start them?
Starting larkspur seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Larkspur Seeds must be consistently watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Because Kansas growing season is not long enough, larkspur seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start larkspur seeds indoors in Kansas:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Larkspur, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Larkspur Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of larkspur, it takes roughly 14 to 21 days to grow larkspur from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden. And it could take 11 to 13 weeks for your larkspur to bloom!
The approximate date of when you should start your larkspur seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the last average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 14 days from it
To help ensure the greatest success of your larkspur seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your larkspur seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your larkspur plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your last frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bloom
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Flower Seed in Kansas, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.