Do you want to grow queen anne’s lace seeds in Wisconsin, but don’t know when to start them?
Starting queen anne’s lace seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Queen Anne’s Lace Seeds must be consistently watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
So if you don’t consistently water them they won’t germinate. If they aren’t in a room that is at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit they won’t sprout. And if it receives 8 hours of sunlight the plant itself won’t grow.
- Because Wisconsin’s growing season is not long enough, queen anne’s lace seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start queen anne’s lace seeds indoors in Wisconsin:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Queen Anne’s Lace, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Queen Anne’s Lace Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of queen anne’s lace, it takes roughly 21-28 days (3 to 4 weeks) to grow queen anne’s lace from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden. And it could take 100 days for your queen anne’s lace to bloom!
The approximate date of when you should start your queen anne’s lace seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the first average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 21 days from it
You can also find the average first frost date for most major cities in the below chart that I have created:
To help ensure the greatest success of your queen anne’s lace seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your queen anne’s lace seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your queen anne’s lace plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your first frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bloom
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Flower Seed in Wisconsin, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.