Do you want to grow trollius seeds in Wyoming, but don’t know when to start them?
Starting trollius seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Trollius Seeds must be consistently watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
So if you don’t consistently water them they won’t germinate. If they aren’t in a room that is at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit they won’t sprout. And if it receives 8 hours of sunlight the plant itself won’t grow.
- Because Wyoming’s growing season is not long enough, trollius seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start trollius seeds indoors in Wyoming:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Trollius, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Trollius Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of trollius, it takes roughly 180-300 days (6 to 10 months) to grow trollius from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden. And it could take 1 year for your trollius to bloom!
The approximate date of when you should start your trollius seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the first average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 180 days from it
You can also find the average first frost date for most major cities in the below chart that I have created:
To help ensure the greatest success of your trollius seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your trollius seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your trollius plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your first frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bloom
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Flower Seed in Wyoming, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.