Do you want to grow turmeric seeds in Idaho, but don’t know when to start them?
Starting turmeric seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Turmeric Seeds must be consistenly watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Because Idaho’s growing season is not long enough, turmeric seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start turmeric seeds indoors in Idaho:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Turmeric, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Turmeric Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of turmeric, it takes roughly 150 days (5 months) to grow turmeric from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden.
The approximate date of when you should start your turmeric seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the last average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 150 days from it
To help ensure the greatest success of your turmeric seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your turmeric seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your turmeric plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your last frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bear vegetables.
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Vegetable Seed in Idaho, head over to HERE and just type in the vegetable you want to grow.