Are you growing primrose in Idaho, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Primrose to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Primrose have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for primrose to bloom in Idaho:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Primrose, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Primrose Bloom in Idaho?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when primrose will bloom: where your primrose are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Primrose Are Planted!!!
When your primrose will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a primrose is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a primrose is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a primrose is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Idaho Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Idaho. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, primrose will bloom:
- 730 days (2 years) after starting primrose from seed
- 720 days days after planting primrose in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Idaho, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.