Are you growing alstroemeria in Kansas, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Alstroemeria to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Alstroemeria have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for alstroemeria to bloom in Kansas:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Alstroemeria, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Alstroemeria Bloom in Kansas?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when alstroemeria will bloom: where your alstroemeria are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Alstroemeria Are Planted!!!
When your alstroemeria will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a alstroemeria is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a alstroemeria is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a alstroemeria is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Kansas Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Kansas. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, alstroemeria will bloom:
- 10 to 15 weeks after starting alstroemeria from seed
- 55 days after planting alstroemeria in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Kansas, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.