Are you growing alyssum in Nevada, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Alyssum to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Alyssum have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for alyssum to bloom in Nevada:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Alyssum, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Alyssum Bloom in Nevada?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when alyssum will bloom: where your alyssum are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Alyssum Are Planted!!!
When your alyssum will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a alyssum is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a alyssum is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a alyssum is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Nevada Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Nevada. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, alyssum will bloom:
- 9 to 10 weeks after starting alyssum from seed
- 45 days after planting alyssum in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Nevada, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.