Are you growing baby’s breath in South Dakota, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Baby’s Breath to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Baby’s Breath have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for baby’s breath to bloom in South Dakota:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Baby’s Breath, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Baby’s Breath Bloom in South Dakota?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when baby’s breath will bloom: where your baby’s breath are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Baby’s Breath Are Planted!!!
When your baby’s breath will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a baby’s breath is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a baby’s breath is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a baby’s breath is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
South Dakota Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in South Dakota. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, baby’s breath will bloom:
- 8 weeks after starting baby’s breath from seed
- 40 days after planting baby’s breath in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in South Dakota, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.