Are you growing bergenia in Arizona, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Bergenia to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Bergenia have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for bergenia to bloom in Arizona:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Bergenia, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Bergenia Bloom in Arizona?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Bergenia will bloom: where your Bergenia are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Bergenia Are Planted!!!
When your Bergenia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a bergenia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a bergenia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a bergenia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Arizona Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Arizona. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, bergenia will bloom:
- 720 days after starting bergenia from seed
- 720 days after planting bergenia in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Arizona, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.