Are you growing blanket flower in West Virginia, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Blanket Flower to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Blanket Flower have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for blanket flower to bloom in West Virginia:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Blanket Flower, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Blanket Flower Bloom in West Virginia?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Blanket Flower will bloom: where your Blanket Flower are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Blanket Flower Are Planted!!!
When your Blanket Flower will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a blanket flower is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a blanket flower is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a blanket flower is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
West Virginia Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in West Virginia. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, blanket flower will bloom:
- 1 year after starting blanket flower from seed
- 365 days after planting blanket flower in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in West Virginia, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.