Are you growing blazing star in Iowa, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Blazing Star to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Blazing Star have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for blazing star to bloom in Iowa:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Blazing Star, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Blazing Star Bloom in Iowa?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Blazing Star will bloom: where your Blazing Star are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Blazing Star Are Planted!!!
When your Blazing Star will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a blazing star is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a blazing star is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a blazing star is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Iowa Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Iowa. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, blazing star will bloom:
- 2 years after starting blazing star from seed
- 720 days after planting blazing star in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Iowa, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.