Are you growing bletilla in New Mexico, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Bletilla to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Bletilla have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for bletilla to bloom in New Mexico:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Bletilla, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Bletilla Bloom in New Mexico?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Bletilla will bloom: where your Bletilla are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Bletilla Are Planted!!!
When your Bletilla will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a bletilla is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a bletilla is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a bletilla is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
New Mexico Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in New Mexico. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, bletilla will bloom:
- 4 to 6 weeks after starting bletilla from seed
- 14 days after planting bletilla in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in New Mexico, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.