Are you growing borage in New Jersey, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Borage to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Borage have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for borage to bloom in New Jersey:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Borage, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Borage Bloom in New Jersey?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Borage will bloom: where your Borage are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Borage Are Planted!!!
When your Borage will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a borage is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a borage is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a borage is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
New Jersey Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in New Jersey. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, borage will bloom:
- weeks after after starting borage from seed
- 40 days after planting borage in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in New Jersey, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.