Are you growing calceolaria in Indiana, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Calceolaria to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Calceolaria have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for calceolaria to bloom in Indiana:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Calceolaria, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Calceolaria Bloom in Indiana?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Calceolaria will bloom: where your Calceolaria are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Calceolaria Are Planted!!!
When your Calceolaria will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a calceolaria is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a calceolaria is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a calceolaria is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Indiana Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Indiana. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, calceolaria will bloom:
- 2 to 4 weeks after starting calceolaria from seed
- 10 days after planting calceolaria in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Indiana, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.