Are you growing camellia in Pennsylvania, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Camellia have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for camellia to bloom in Pennsylvania:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Camellia, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Camellia Bloom in Pennsylvania?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Camellia will bloom: where your Camellia are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Camellia Are Planted!!!
When your Camellia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a camellia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a camellia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a camellia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Pennsylvania Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Pennsylvania. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, camellia will bloom:
- 16 months after starting camellia from seed
- 75 days after planting camellia in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Pennsylvania, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.