Are you growing canna lily in Colorado, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Canna Lily have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for canna lily to bloom in Colorado:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Canna Lily, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Canna Lily Bloom in Colorado?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Canna Lily will bloom: where your Canna Lily are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Canna Lily Are Planted!!!
When your Canna Lily will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a canna lily is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a canna lily is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a canna lily is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Colorado Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Colorado. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, canna lily will bloom:
- 3 to 6 weeks after starting canna lily from seed
- 10 days after planting canna lily in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Colorado, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.