Are you growing catharanthus in Alaska, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Catharanthus have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for catharanthus to bloom in Alaska:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Catharanthus, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Catharanthus Bloom in Alaska?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Catharanthus will bloom: where your Catharanthus are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Catharanthus Are Planted!!!
When your Catharanthus will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a catharanthus is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a catharanthus is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a catharanthus is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Alaska Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Alaska. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, catharanthus will bloom:
- 180 days after starting catharanthus from seed
- 150 days after planting catharanthus in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Alaska, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.