Are you growing decumaria in Tennessee, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Decumaria to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Decumaria have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for decumaria to bloom in Tennessee:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Decumaria, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Decumaria Bloom in Tennessee?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Decumaria will bloom: where your Decumaria are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Decumaria Are Planted!!!
When your Decumaria will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a decumaria is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a decumaria is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a decumaria is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Tennessee Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Tennessee. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, decumaria will bloom:
- 2 to 3 years after starting decumaria from seed
- 720 days after planting decumaria in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Tennessee, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.