Are you growing dianella in Virginia, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Dianella to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Dianella have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for dianella to bloom in Virginia:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Dianella, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Dianella Bloom in Virginia?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Dianella will bloom: where your Dianella are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Dianella Are Planted!!!
When your Dianella will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a dianella is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a dianella is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a dianella is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Virginia Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Virginia. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, dianella will bloom:
- 1 year after starting dianella from seed
- 365 days after planting dianella in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Virginia, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.