Are you growing feverfew in South Dakota, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Feverfew to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Feverfew have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for feverfew to bloom in South Dakota:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Feverfew, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Feverfew Bloom in South Dakota?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when feverfew will bloom: where your feverfew are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Feverfew Are Planted!!!
When your feverfew will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a feverfew is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a feverfew is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a feverfew is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
South Dakota Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in South Dakota. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, feverfew will bloom:
- 270 to 360 days (9 to 12 months) after starting feverfew from seed
- 250 days days after planting feverfew in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in South Dakota, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.