Are you growing flaming katy in New Hampshire, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Flaming Katy to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Flaming Katy have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for flaming katy to bloom in New Hampshire:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Flaming Katy, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Flaming Katy Bloom in New Hampshire?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when flaming katy will bloom: where your flaming katy are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Flaming Katy Are Planted!!!
When your Flaming Katy will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a flaming katy is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a flaming katy is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a flaming katy is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
New Hampshire Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in New Hampshire. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, flaming katy will bloom:
- 6 to 8 weeks after starting flaming katy from seed
- 21 days after planting flaming katy in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in New Hampshire, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.