Are you growing guzmania in Washington, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Guzmania to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Guzmania have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for guzmania to bloom in Washington:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Guzmania, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Guzmania Bloom in Washington?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Guzmania will bloom: where your Guzmania are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Guzmania Are Planted!!!
When your Guzmania will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a guzmania is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a guzmania is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a guzmania is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Washington Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Washington. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, guzmania will bloom:
- 6 to 14 weeks after starting guzmania from seed
- 25 days after planting guzmania in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Washington, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.