Are you growing hebe in Vermont, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Hebe to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Hebe have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for hebe to bloom in Vermont:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Hebe, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Hebe Bloom in Vermont?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Hebe will bloom: where your Hebe are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Hebe Are Planted!!!
When your Hebe will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a hebe is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a hebe is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a hebe is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Vermont Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Vermont. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, hebe will bloom:
- 6 to 9 months after starting hebe from seed
- 150 days after planting hebe in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Vermont, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.