Are you growing kniphofia in Tennessee, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Kniphofia to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Kniphofia have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for kniphofia to bloom in Tennessee:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Kniphofia, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Kniphofia Bloom in Tennessee?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Kniphofia will bloom: where your Kniphofia are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Kniphofia Are Planted!!!
When your Kniphofia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a kniphofia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a kniphofia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a kniphofia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Tennessee Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Tennessee. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, kniphofia will bloom:
- 9 months after starting kniphofia from seed
- 150 days after planting kniphofia in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Tennessee, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.