Are you growing larkspur in Pennsylvania, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Larkspur to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Larkspur have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for larkspur to bloom in Pennsylvania:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Larkspur, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Larkspur Bloom in Pennsylvania?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Larkspur will bloom: where your Larkspur are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Larkspur Are Planted!!!
When your Larkspur will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a larkspur is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a larkspur is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a larkspur is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Pennsylvania Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Pennsylvania. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, larkspur will bloom:
- 11 to 13 weeks after starting larkspur from seed
- 60 days after planting larkspur in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Pennsylvania, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.