Are you growing lavatera in Indiana, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Lavatera to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Lavatera have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for lavatera to bloom in Indiana:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Lavatera, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Lavatera Bloom in Indiana?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Lavatera will bloom: where your Lavatera are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Lavatera Are Planted!!!
When your Lavatera will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a lavatera is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a lavatera is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a lavatera is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Indiana Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Indiana. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, lavatera will bloom:
- 4 to 5 months after starting lavatera from seed
- 100 days after planting lavatera in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Indiana, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.