Are you growing maltese cross in Hawaii, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Maltese Cross to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Maltese Cross have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for maltese cross to bloom in Hawaii:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Maltese Cross, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Maltese Cross Bloom in Hawaii?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Maltese Cross will bloom: where your Maltese Cross are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Maltese Cross Are Planted!!!
When your Maltese Cross will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a maltese cross is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a maltese cross is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a maltese cross is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Hawaii Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Hawaii. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, maltese cross will bloom:
- 1 year after starting maltese cross from seed
- 1 year after planting maltese cross in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Hawaii, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.