Are you growing matthiola in South Dakota, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Matthiola have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for matthiola to bloom in South Dakota:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Matthiola, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Matthiola Bloom in South Dakota?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Matthiola will bloom: where your Matthiola are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Matthiola Are Planted!!!
When your Matthiola will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a matthiola is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a matthiola is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a matthiola is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
South Dakota Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in South Dakota. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, matthiola will bloom:
- 10 to 12 weeks after starting matthiola from seed
- 55 days after planting matthiola in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in South Dakota, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.