Are you growing nasturtiums in Massachusetts, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Nasturtiums to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Nasturtiums have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for nasturtiums to bloom in Massachusetts:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Nasturtiums, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Nasturtiums Bloom in Massachusetts?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when nasturtiums will bloom: where your nasturtiums are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Nasturtiums Are Planted!!!
When your nasturtium will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a nasturtium is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a nasturtium is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a nasturtium is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Massachusetts Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Massachusetts. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, nasturtiums will bloom:
- 4 to 6 weeks after starting nasturtiums from seed
- 15 days after planting nasturtiums in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Massachusetts, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.