Are you growing nolana in Missouri, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Nolana to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Nolana have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for nolana to bloom in Missouri:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Nolana, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Nolana Bloom in Missouri?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when nolana will bloom: where your nolana are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Nolana Are Planted!!!
When your nolana will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a nolana is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a nolana is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a nolana is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Missouri Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Missouri. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, nolana will bloom:
- 4 months after starting nolana from seed
- 100 days after planting nolana in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Missouri, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.