Are you growing rondeletia in Alaska, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Rondeletia to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Rondeletia have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for rondeletia to bloom in Alaska:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Rondeletia, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Rondeletia Bloom in Alaska?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Rondeletia will bloom: where your Rondeletia are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Rondeletia Are Planted!!!
When your Rondeletia will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a rondeletia is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a rondeletia is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a rondeletia is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Alaska Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Alaska. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, rondeletia will bloom:
- 120 days after starting rondeletia from seed
- 100 days after planting rondeletia in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Alaska, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.