Are you growing speedwell in Oregon, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Speedwell to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Speedwell have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for speedwell to bloom in Oregon:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Speedwell, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Speedwell Bloom in Oregon?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Speedwell will bloom: where your Speedwell are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Speedwell Are Planted!!!
When your Speedwell will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a speedwell is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a speedwell is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a speedwell is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Oregon Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Oregon. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, speedwell will bloom:
- 2 to 3 weeks after starting speedwell from seed
- 10 days after planting speedwell in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Oregon, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.