Are you growing uva ursi in Mississippi, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Uva Ursi to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Uva Ursi have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for uva ursi to bloom in Mississippi:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Uva Ursi, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Uva Ursi Bloom in Mississippi?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Uva Ursi will bloom: where your Uva Ursi are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Uva Ursi Are Planted!!!
When your Uva Ursi will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a uva ursi is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a uva ursi is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a uva ursi is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Mississippi Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Mississippi. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, uva ursi will bloom:
- 3 to 4 years after starting uva ursi from seed
- 3 years after planting uva ursi in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Mississippi, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.