Are you growing virginia creeper in Arizona, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
Getting your Virginia Creeper to bloom is not as easy as it seems.
- Virginia Creeper have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for virginia creeper to bloom in Arizona:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Virginia Creeper, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Virginia Creeper Bloom in Arizona?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Virginia Creeper will bloom: where your Virginia Creeper are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Virginia Creeper Are Planted!!!
When your Virginia Creeper will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a virginia creeper is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a virginia creeper is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a virginia creeper is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Arizona Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Arizona. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, virginia creeper will bloom:
- 2 years after starting virginia creeper from seed
- 2 years after planting virginia creeper in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Arizona, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.