Do you want to fertilize Lima Beans in Hawaii, but don’t know when the best time to do so is?
Fertilizing Lima Beans is not as easy as it seems.
- Lima Beans require a specific time to be fertilized and a particular amount of fertilization.
So if you fertilize them too early they will die and if you fertilize them too late you won’t get any fruit.
And if you fertilize too much you will “burn” your plant and if you don’t fertilize enough your Lima Beans plant won’t grow quickly and large enough to bear a high yield of fruit.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to fertilize Lima Beans in Hawaii:
- To Learn More About WHEN To Fertilize Lima Beans, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Fertilize Lima Beans in Hawaii
There are two specific times you should fertilize your Lima Bean plants:
- You should immediately fertilize your lima bean plants with a 10-10-10 NPK balanced fertilizer mix. The fertilizer should either be mixed with the soil you are planting or in the hole before you transplant your lima beans into the ground. This will allow your plants to grow quicker and larger.
- The second round of fertilization should be applied just as your lima beans plant begins to grow fruit. You will want to still use a 10-10-10 balanced fertilizer mix. You will want to apply it to your soil and immediately water after. This will allow your lima beans plant to bear bigger and more fruit.
When NOT to Fertilize Lima Beans in Hawaii
There are certain times you should not fertilize your lima beans plant.
- Don’t fertilize seedlings that are less than 1 month old.
- Don’t fertilize lima beans plants without immediately watering them after.
- Don’t fertilize lima beans plants once they have ripened fruit on them.
- Don’t fertilize lima beans after the initial fertilization period or before fruit begins to grow on your plant.
How Much Fertilizer Should I Apply to My Lima Beans Plants?
The amount of fertilization you apply will depend on the specific type of lima beans plant you have.
As a general rule you should:
- Always follow the instructions on your fertilizer package. Never apply more than the recommended amount.
- Apply the proper amount of fertilization around your lima beans plant and never directly on it or on its stem.
- Provide the same amount of fertilization each time you apply it so that your lima beans plant does not become shocked by too many or too few nutrients.
If you want to learn WHEN to Fertilize ANY Plant in Hawaii, head over HERE and just type in the plant you want to fertilize.
You can also find the BEST Fertilizers for Lima Beans or Any Plant HERE.