Do you want to fertilize nasturtium in Delaware, but don’t know when the best time to do so is?
Fertilizing nasturtium is not as easy as it seems.
- Nasturtium requires a specific time to be fertilized and a particular amount of fertilization.
So if you fertilize them too early they will die and if you fertilize them too late you won’t get any harvest.
And if you fertilize too much you will “burn” your plant and if you don’t fertilize enough your nasturtium plant won’t grow quickly and large enough to bear a high-yield harvest.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to fertilize nasturtium in Delaware:
- To Learn More About WHEN To Fertilize Nasturtium then read this GUIDE!
When to Fertilize Nasturtium in Delaware
There are two specific times you should fertilize your nasturtium plants:
- You should immediately fertilize your nasturtium plants with a 10-10-10 NPK balanced fertilizer mix. Water soluble fertilizer tends to be better for herb plants like nasturtium. The fertilizer should either be mixed with the soil you are planting or in the hole before you transplant your nasturtium into the ground. This will allow your plants to grow quicker and larger.
- The second round of fertilization should be applied just as your nasturtium plant begins to grow large, edible leaves. You will want to still use a balanced fertilizer mix, preferably water-soluble. You will want to apply it to your soil and immediately water after and will continue to do this every 2 – 4 weeks. This will allow your nasturtium plant to bear bigger and more harvest.
When NOT to Fertilize Nasturtium in Delaware
There are certain times you should not fertilize your nasturtium plant.
- Don’t fertilize seedlings that are less than 1 month old.
- Don’t fertilize nasturtium plants without immediately watering them after.
- Don’t fertilize nasturtium plants once they have large, edible leaves on them.
- Don’t fertilize nasturtium after the initial fertilization period or before large, edible leaves begins to grow on your plant.
How Much Fertilizer Should I Apply to My Nasturtium Plants?
The amount of fertilization you apply will depend on the specific type of nasturtium plant you have.
As a general rule you should:
- Always follow the instructions on your fertilizer package. Never apply more than the recommended amount.
- Apply the proper amount of fertilization around your nasturtium plant and never directly on it or on its stem.
- Provide the same amount of fertilization each time you apply it so that your nasturtium plant does not become shocked by too many or too few nutrients.
If you want to learn WHEN to Fertilize ANY Plant in Delaware, head over HERE and just type in the plant you want to fertilize.
You can also find the BEST Fertilizers for Nasturtium or Any Plant HERE.