Do you want to grow dandelion seeds in Colorado, but don’t know when to start them?
Starting dandelion seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Dandelion Seeds must be consistently watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Because Colorado’s growing season is not long enough, dandelion seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start dandelion seeds indoors in Colorado:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Dandelion, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Dandelion Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of dandelion, it takes roughly 14 to 21 days to grow dandelion from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden. And it could take 8 to 15 weeks for your dandelion to bloom!
The approximate date of when you should start your dandelion seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the last average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 14 days from it
You can also find the average last frost date for most major cities in the below chart that I have created:
To help ensure the greatest success of your dandelion seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your dandelion seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your dandelion plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your last frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bloom
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Flower Seed in Colorado, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.