Do you want to grow yellow-eyed grass seeds in Ohio, but don’t know when to start them?
Starting yellow-eyed grass seeds is not as easy as it seems.
- Yellow-Eyed Grass Seeds must be consistently watered, receive at least 8 hours of sunlight a day, & be kept at room temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
So if you don’t consistently water them they won’t germinate. If they aren’t in a room that is at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit they won’t sprout. And if it receives 8 hours of sunlight the plant itself won’t grow.
- Because Ohio’s growing season is not long enough, yellow-eyed grass seeds cannot be sowed outside and should only be started indoors.
Because of this, I’m going to teach you the ideal time to start yellow-eyed grass seeds indoors in Ohio:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Yellow-Eyed Grass, Check Out This GUIDE!
When to Start Yellow-Eyed Grass Seeds Indoors
Depending on the type of yellow-eyed grass, it takes roughly 10 to 14 days to grow yellow-eyed grass from seed indoors before you can transplant them into your garden. And it could take 2 years for your yellow-eyed grass to bloom!
The approximate date of when you should start your yellow-eyed grass seeds indoors can be found by:
- Finding the fall average frost date HERE
- And then subtract 10 days from it
You can also find the average fall frost date for most major cities in the below chart that I have created:
To help ensure the greatest success of your yellow-eyed grass seeds germinating you should:
- Use a heat mat to ensure the gardening pot remains at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a grow light to control how much light your yellow-eyed grass seeds receive
- Water your seeds with a spray bottle to ensure your seeds are not overwatered
It should also be noted that you will not want to introduce your yellow-eyed grass plants into your garden until 2 weeks after your fall frost or else your plant will potentially die or not bloom
If you want to learn WHEN to start ANY Flower Seed in Ohio, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.