Are you growing candytuft in Maine, but don’t know when they’ll bloom?
- Candytuft have a small window when they bloom and still look great.
So if they bloom too early they may die or not last as long. And if they bloom too late they may have small blooms that don’t last long.
Today, I’m going to teach you the ideal time for candytuft to bloom in Maine:
- To Learn More About HOW to Grow Candytuft, Check Out This GUIDE!
When Do Candytuft Bloom in Maine?
As you may have already guessed, there are two main factors that determine when Candytuft will bloom: where your Candytuft are planted & weather (time).
Bloom Time Depends on Where Your Candytuft Are Planted!!!
When your Candytuft will bloom will depend on exactly where it is planted in your yard or garden
In general, expect the following:
- If a candytuft is planted in an area of your yard that receives full sun it will bloom around the same time every year or up to two weeks early due to warm weather and extra sunlight.
- If a candytuft is planted in an area of your yard that received partial sun it will bloom around the same time every year.
- If a candytuft is planted in an area of your yard that receives shade and is not protected from wind or rain it will bloom anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later than its average time.
Maine Last & First Frost Dates
For your reference, I have created this table for average frost dates for most major cities in Maine. If your city is not listed below you can find its Last & First Frost Dates HERE.
Bloom Time Depends on the weather!
In general, candytuft will bloom:
- 2 months after starting candytuft from seed
- 45 days after planting candytuft in your yard
If you want to learn WHEN ANY Flower will bloom in Maine, head over to HERE and just type in the flower you want to grow.